DESCRIPTIVE QUESTIONS OVERVIEW
SMU is introducing descriptive questions in the term-end University examinations that shall be held during January 2012 for BA History, BA Political Science and MA History and MA Political Science programs.
It shall be applicable to freshly enrolled students (Fall 2011) for the First semester including resitting students ( in all cases).
Currently Part C of our QPs includes questions for 60 marks for 4-credit paper and for 28 marks for a 2-credit paper. Henceforth this part will include descriptive questions of 20 and 12 marks respectively. The total of Part C will continue to be of 60/28 Marks.
1. Will there be online tests or off-line? They will be offline exams.
2. Will this be applicable to both English & Hindi medium? It is applicable to English Medium for now.
3. Will other courses continue to have only MCQs in JAN 2012 exams? All courses including BA and MA-History and Political Science will have MCQs. One portion of Sec C questions to the tune of 20 out of 140 marks will be replaced by descriptive questions for BA and MA-Pol Science and History.
4. Will it take same time to declare the results? There shall be no delay in declaration of results.
Model QP for descriptive questions along with scheme of evaluation
PART – C2 (3 x 4 = 12 marks)
1. Bring out the differences between different Phases of Clinical Trials in a tabular form.
Scheme of evaluation: 4 phases, 4 differences-all correct differences-4 marks
2. Describe in detail activities performed by monitor right from site selection up to close out of the study as per ICH GCP E6
Scheme of evaluation: Site selection, site initiation, site monitoring, site close out-1 mark per step, if explained correctly in about two lines each.
3. State Boyle’s law. Give 3 applications of the same.
Scheme of evaluation: Definition: one mark. Applications: 1 mark each